Transforming Professional Learning
Transform professional learning to create better outcomes for teachers and learners.
High performing teachers make a significant difference to learner outcomes. To see this change, teachers require professional learning that maximises the practical application of theory. IRIS Connect bridges the gap between teaching theory and teaching practice by connecting educators through innovative video software. IRIS Connect makes it easier to apply pedagogy to everyday teaching practice.
Transform professional learning to transform teaching
The effective professional learning software from IRIS Connect is shown by independent research to make a difference where it matters.
– 99% of teachers reported an increase in conversations between teachers about teaching in their school.
– 94% said their teaching had improved.
– 88% felt there had been a positive impact on collaboration.
– 88% said their confidence had risen.
Our secure platform and powerful classroom observation tools make it simple and safe for teachers to take control of their professional learning by:
- Analysing the impact of their teaching by reflecting on recordings of their practice.
- Observing other teachers in action, sharing strategies and expertise, and modelling good practice.
- Overcoming timetable constraints with high-quality, scalable, virtual coaching.
- Collaborating over geographical distance with greater flexibility.
- Connecting with other education professionals and establishing professional learning communities.
“If you look at the research, it says that about 80% of what happens in a class a teacher does not see or hear. How can we get more eyes into the class? How do you get teachers to see what it’s like being a student in their classroom? I’m a great fan of recording classrooms and using video to show teachers how they look to students. That’s the power of video, it’s another way to see your impact” – Prof. John Hattie.